Released: October 2016
Note: Built-to-order, takes 2 weeks to complete
Need to replace a dead LCD interface module for the MakerBot Replicator 1 3D-printer? This is one of the first fully compatible interface boards made to be a easy drop-in replacement. It features a LCD display that fits the cut-out on the Replicator 1 without any modifications. There are two small gaps on top and bottom of the display when installed.
In addition to the normal specification of the original module, it also includes high-voltage input protection. This makes sure the main MightyBoard is not damaged from static discharge that originate from the interface.
Due to the different LCD module used in this module, the LCD line 3 and 4 is swapped. This is because MakerBot Industries made their own custom LCD layout, which is different from the normal LCD standard. This makes the navigation of the menu structure a bit awkward than what you are used to. There are also a few characters that is not supported in the new LCD module that will show up different.
The high price reflects the advanced design and construction behind the design. There are two PCB boards, one expensive LCD display and multiple PCB components.
- Fully re-designed interface for MakerBot Replicator 1 3D-printer
- Uses the same original foot print, drop-in replacement
- Bright white 4 lines by 40 characters LCD display
- Auxilary 5V power pads available for LEDs, sensors, wireless adapters, etc.
- LCD, SD-card and Button interface
- High-voltage input protection
- Assembled and tested in Europe
- Product ID: MAKERBOT-MIGHTYINTERFACE
- Type: LCD, SD-card, button interface module
- Mounting holes: 3.1mm
- Button light: Dual red LED light
- Weight: 50 grams
- Contents: 1x MightyInterface module