While riding the stock MATE X e-bike, it makes a lot of rattling and slamming noises when riding over curbs and uneven surfaces. This dampening kit fixes all of this.
The kit includes several correctly sized soft EVA foam strips with an adhesive backing. These go on to the frame where the chain impacts the lower frame bar, on the top and bottom of the battery, and on both sides of the kick-stand leg. It all helps reduce metal-to-metal conact.
This fixes the majority of the noise made while riding the bike. Finally you can silence your MATE!
- Chain: First clean the lower rear frame bar with cleaning alcohol, start by applying the strip from the back near the derailleur.
- Battery: Remove the battery from the battery, apply two strips on the front bottom end and two strips on the rear top end (looking at it when it is installed on the bike.) Some bikes have different tolerances and might not need any foam, while others might need two layers.
- Kick-stand: Clean the inner portion, "armpit", of the kick-stand leg where the leg hits the piece mounted on the bike, apply two short strips on either side of the kick-stand leg
- Dampens noisy chain, battery, and kick-stand
- Pre-cut strips for direct application
- Sliences your MATE!
- Product ID: MATEX-DMP-KIT
- Revision: December 2019
- Type: Soft EVA foam strips
- Contents: 1x Chain strip, 6x battery strips, 2x kick-stand strips
- Weight: XX grams